Most of the time in the music industry it’s all about building business relationships. Selena Soo is my go to expert to help me make the right connections in an authentic and genuine way.
What would you do in this situation?
You’re scrolling through your newsfeed on Facebook one day… when suddenly you see a post from one of your all-time, favourite influencers.
He’s looking for recommendations – for someone who does exactly what you do.
Instant adrenaline rush.
You know you could help this influencer. You’re GREAT at what you do.
Plus, you’ve been following him for years. You’re familiar with his business, his personal stories, and his audience.
And maybe you’ve had a little bit of a dry spell lately. You really need clients. This could fill your cash gap. And who knows what else it could lead to?
You start thinking about what a glowing testimonial from this influencer could do for you and your business…
What if he referred me to his “inside circle” of influential friends?
Or what if he even mentioned me to his followers – my own list could skyrocket!
This could be the big break I’ve been waiting for!
So – fingers shaking because you’re so excited – you leave a comment, letting him know you’d love to talk.
Not too long or too abrupt. Not too desperate or too gushy. But just the right blend of enthusiasm + professionalism.
And then you notice the rest of the comments.
Within 30 seconds, a dozen other people have commented, saying, “That’s exactly what I do! I’d love to help you.” By the time you’ve read the first 12 comments, another 4 have popped up. And they all sound just like yours.
You’re starting to panic. What if your words get lost in the sea of comments?
And then comes the final blow.
Another big name expert leaves a comment:
“I use So-and-So. She’s great! Want me to introduce you?”
Your heart sinks.
You’ve never wanted to delete someone else’s comment so badly.
Because of course “So-and-So” is going to get the job. You don’t stand a chance.
Sure enough, a few minutes later, your influencer replies: “Great! Can you put me in touch with her?”
And all you can do is sit there, thinking…
How am I ever going to make it when I don’t have any connections like that?
Because it looks like the only way to have a chance at standing out is to have an influential friend recommend you and make an introduction.
(And honestly, having that kind of relationship with influencers – where they’ve got your back and put you in front of big opportunities – does give you a serious competitive advantage over everyone else.)
The only problem is – you don’t have anyone who could do that for you.
So the question is…
How do you go from being one of the hundreds (or thousands) of people trying to get an influencer’s attention… to being someone who has a real relationship with them?
That’s why I’m excited that Selena Soo is hosting a free webinar this week. She’ll show you exactly how to build these relationships (in the right way)…
(Even if you’re an introvert, don’t live in a major city, or have any influential friends yet!)
These are the kinds of relationships that help you…
- Land dream clients – ones that are excited to buy from you because your VIP friends rave about you
- Boost your income – when you have high-level people promoting you, it can catapult your business growth
- Become a respected leader – because having influencers endorse you establishes instant credibility
Selena helped me connect with VIPs and influencers in the music industry. This lead me to working with people I admire and whom I had only dreamed of meeting when I was younger. For example people like The Voice coach of the Philippines and Tony award winner, Lea Salonga. My students and I were invited to support her Sydney concert at the Sydney Town Hall in 2013. It would have not been possible if I had not built solid relationships with the producer of her show.
Below is a photo of a 2500 packed Venue in Perth, I feel so blessed to be working with one of the Philippines top celebrity, Vice Ganda. Joining up all the dots I now can see how this opportunity came about. Let me break it down so perhaps it can inspire you to work towards your dream to working with your ideal clients.
So I joined the dots To help me figure out what lead me to this moment:
- The piano player on this tour would invite me to sing for events and gigs and I would always say yes even if the money wasn’t the best, it was a chance for me to build up my skills and list of songs
- He was offered to play for a major Filipino artists and he asked me to be a backing vocalist after seeing I had done backing vocals for a concert on FB. Below playing for Martin Rivera, Sharon Cuneta, Zsa Zsa Padilla and her beautiful daughters.
3. We were invited to play for another major tour and I built a professional relationship with the musical director on that tour. I built up the courage to ask him if he could mentor me and he said yes even cowriting a song with me.
4. I would be dedicated to learning the backing vocal parts- often learning songs that were given to me a few hours before a show. It was a challenge for me but it was so exciting when it was nailed.
5. This musical director is a Filipino icon and is a huge influencer in the Philippine music industry and recommend the us to a major Filipino TV channel who organised the recent tour in Australia.
So what ever you are doing, keep building that dream – step by step, brick by brick! Follow your dreams and never let anyone tell you can’t do it!
Selena Soo helped me gain the confidence to network with the VIPs and Influencers in my field. Selena’s teachings will help you:
?Land dream clients – ones that are excited to buy from you because your VIP friends rave about you
?Boost your income – when you have high-level people promoting you, it can catapult your business growth
?Become a respected leader – because having influencers endorse you establishes instant credibility
I used these techniques in my business and it helped me
get influencers on my podcast, work with influencers in my music field
?Had an influencer recommend me as a backing vocalist
?Create my first live event with VIPs and influencers saying yes to speak at.
Ready to discover how YOU can connect with VIPs + influencers – and get referrals from their inner network?
Reserve your complimentary seat now.