This episode was brought to you our One Voice Fiesta Major sponsor:
Many people ask me “When is a good time for my child to learn music.”
I always say that even while your child is in the womb and from birth surround yourself and your baby with music.
Hans Christian Andersen sums it all up “Where words fail, music speaks”
Tap and rock your baby to the steady beat so they learn to internalize it within their bodies. This will in turn help with the ability to walk, bounce balls, cut with scissors.
Here are some ways to help integrate music into your child’s life.
- Join a structured musical learning class with your child
- Listen to a variety of quality recorded music at home and while running errands in the car
- Sing familiar songs or make up your own songs while you play or when working around the house.
- Take time to listen to all the interesting sounds in your environment – imitate nature sounds while out for a walk.
- Explore sounds with homemade instruments like pots and pans, spoons, and shakers
- Create family music making opportunities in which everyone plays along. Include all your talents from playing the spoons to folk instruments to gathering around the piano.
- Dance to music from the radio, television, or any other source you enjoy.
- Use simple props such as scarves, balls and hoops to play movement games. Add a favourite song.
- Make music part of your child’s bedtime routine or any routine (bathing, cooking, cleaning) – lullabies are particularly
- Soothing and calming and provide a time for parent and child bonding.
The bottom line is music and dance – within a fun, loving and nurturing environment – can bring a life long happiness and warm memories in your child’s life. What a wonderful start to life!
Have you downloaded your free Journey Gently Storybook/ebook, MP4 and music and movement guide yet?
It will only be available for a limited time.⏰
If you’ve grabbed yours thank you for letting me be part of your child’s musical journey. 🤸🏽♀️🎼
Here’s the link : https://tinabangel.lpages.co/journey-gently-ebook/